Breville has always made some decent higher end espresso machines, and the BES870XL is no exception. The machine has a very nice structure to it and is encased in a beautiful stainless steel coating. This espresso maker looks very elegant, easy to clean, and looks great on any countertop. But there’s much more to a great espresso machine than good looks. This coffee maker brews a fantastic shot of espresso.
It has all of the major features and options that a high end maker comes with, yet this appliance comes at a fraction of the cost. The 15 bar pump provides plenty of power, while the 1600 watt heating system does a superb job of hitting the right temperature in no time. The large 2 L water holder means you won’t be filling up too regularly either, which is always a plus.
The espresso from this machine comes out great, and Breville takes every step in the right direction to ensure that your coffee is as fresh as possible. The built in burr grinder means that you can expect the freshest grounds and a thick crema with every shot. The stainless steel filters are included, and both a model designed for seasoned baristas and new users is included. Everything is adjustable on this model, from the grind fineness to the water volume, meaning you can tailor your shot to be just the way you like it.
Breville Barista Express BES870XL Features
Like in any product, it is important to know the features prior to purchase in order to avoid wasting your money. Relates to Breville BES870XL, it comes with essential features that make it the best espresso maker in the country.
- The integrated tapering burr grinder and half-kilo bean hopper utilized for making the most of the space of grinds. The half-kilo bean hopper has a locking mechanism for a simple and stress free storage, removal and transfer.
- It comes with grind size and grind selector dials that allows you to select from the setting of the grind and to alter the ground coffee in the filter basket of the appliance.
- It also comes with filtering button size that shows when you are utilizing the single or double filter basket. It provides you the right amount of espresso depending on the kind of filter you utilized.
- 54mm tamper allows you to regulate tamping. It is also equipped with magnetized storage however detachable for a simpler tamping.
- 54 millimeter stainless portafilter has commercial form of spouts
- It comes with grinding cradle which is hands-free and pushes portafilter into the frame to ground the coffee. The grinder stopped mechanically when the allocated amount of espresso was already allotted.
- It comes with 67 ft oz detachable water tank. This essential feature will minimize the scale as well as the impurities. Volumetric control has volume for one to two cups, programmable shot as well as override operated manually.
- It also comes with an express pressure gauge which tracks the extraction force or pressure of the coffee.
- It comes with a heating mechanism called Thermocoil that controls the temp of the water
- The Clean me light features shows when you need to clean the machine
- It comes with a 300 degree swivel steam wand which functions efficiently in texturing milk
- The automatic purge instantly adjust the hotness of the water after steaming the optimal coffee
- It comes with detachable trays which are separated into two: dry and wet spills that has empty me indicator when it is already full
The state of the BES870XL has many benefits that make it the best option amongst coffee lovers such as:
- Heat fast and easy to power
- Easy to clean
- It comes with pressure gauge that tells you if you are doing right or wrong
- It is fixed as the zinc and aluminum cast brings stability.
- Stainless steel aluminum covering makes this machine look shiny and elegant.
- Equipped with storage compartment
- The temp adjustment makes it likely for you to change to get best shot
- Lots of water tank space with voluntary filters in the case of impurities.
- Runs silently
In spite of the benefits it also comes with some drawback such as
- Hard to adjust
- Accumulates sludge in spite of efforts by the company to improve the dip tray.
- High maintenance is needed
- No ideal for commercial use
- It’s fragile
What Others Are Saying About The Barista Express
When reading through customer reviews from various sites you’ll quickly see that most are raving about this machine. The price is just unmatchable when you look at similar machines with similar features. Many have been using the machines for months with absolutely no issues or complaints. This machine tends to satisfy even the most picky home espresso critics. There really isn’t one big deciding factor as to what makes this machine so great. Its all the little features that add up. Breville is a reputable manufacturer as well, so you know that you’ll be getting top quality customer service for replacement parts and warranty issues. This model is very popular, so finding customer reviews and videos is not difficult.
Final Verdict On The BES870XL
This espresso machine is near perfect. From looks to performance to price this machine is fantastic. It can pull a great shot that rivals that of machines in the thousand dollar range, and this machine comes at a fraction of the price. It build quality is good, and it is relatively low maintenance. This espresso maker comes highly recommended.